The framework can be used to implement cover mechanics for an AI. It analyzes the level geometry to generate cover information that the AI can use in its decision-making. The system is fully procedural and dynamic – no hand-placing is required. Furthermore, the system can adapt to changes in level geometry, so movable objects can be used as a cover. The build process is executed in a separate worker thread, allowing non-blocking runtime generation.
The plugin introduces a set of tools that can be used to implement cover mechanics for your AI, including new behavior tree nodes and environment queries.
The system is implemented in C++ to get the advantage of multi-threading and compact entity memory for faster performance.
AI Cover System update 1.3
- Added: Manual Cover Point – points that can be hand-placed to level to generate covers to arbitrary locations.
Note: Update is available for UE 5.1 and UE 5.2 only.
- Procedural cover generation from level geometry
- Blueprint API to access the generated cover data
- Multi-threaded dynamic runtime generation of covers
- Behavior tree library to implement cover mechanics for an AI
- AICoverSystem (Runtime)
Number of Blueprints: 0
Number of C++ Classes: 15
Network Replicated: No
Supported Development Platforms: Windows
Supported Target Build Platforms: Windows, (others not tested)